ERIKA REID | MA, RP (Qualifying)
Professional Art Therapist
Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying)
I am a registered art therapist and member of the Canadian Art Therapy Association (CATA), as well as registered with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) as a Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) member. My therapeutic approach is grounded in art psychotherapy, trauma-informed, and psycho-education. I hold a Masters Degree in Photography from The University of Arts, London, England and completed my postgraduate studies in Art Therapy at the Toronto Art Therapy Institute. I am also a certified yoga teacher. I have additional trainings in the area of Trauma Integration Clinician, Trauma Informed Practice, and Somatic Regulation.
MY CLINICAL WORK is informed and supported by extensive trainings and research in art therapy, trauma and somatics, mindfulness and yoga therapy. I believe that creativity and art-making can open us up to new possibilities for healing and growth, and re-connect us to feelings of aliveness and hope.
*Accepts all insurance plans that covers psychotherapy
Trainings / Continuing Education
• Trauma Integration Clinician, Attachment and Trauma Treatment Centre, 5 days
• Certificate in Trauma-Informed Practice, Trauma Informed Practice Institute, 2 Days
• Certificate In Somatic Embodiment & Regulation Strategies, Linda Thai, LMSW, 2 months
• Trauma-Informed Expressive Arts Therapy, Level 1 & 2, Trauma-Informed Practices and Expressive Arts Therapy Institute, 6 days
• Creative CBT Interventions for Children with Anxiety, Liana Lowenstein, MSW, 1 Day
• Certified Yoga Teacher (200 hrs), Eastside Yoga Studio
• Clinical Strategies to form Secure Connections: Interventions for Oppositional Defiant, Reactive Attachment, Conduct, & Other Disruptive Disorders, Janene M. Donarski, PhD,
• Play-Based Assessment Model for Children and Teens, Liana Lowenstein, MSW, 1 Day
• Confronting Suicidal Ideation & High Risk Behavior, Safe Guards, Trauma Informed Training Centre, 1 day